The health benefits of Aromatherapy that you should utilise
Aromatherapy is “the art and science of utilising naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants to balance, harmonise and promote the health of body, mind and spirit”, according to the International Association of Holistic Aromatherapy. It is a relaxation technique and works by stimulating smell receptors in the nose and consequently your brain.
The essential oils used in the technique are extracted from flowers, seeds, herbs, and roots. Each oil contains multiple healthy benefits and can be used for a wide range of purposes. Blending essential oils is an important part of the process because the range of possibilities is nearly endless. Mixing oils actually create a more powerful effect.
Healthy benefits of Aromatherapy and wellness
- Strengthens the immune system because it boosts energy levels and performance.
- Boosts digestive, respiratory and nervous systems because it helps to maintain balance
- Promotes muscle function because it relaxes muscles and increases circulation.
- Reduces anxiety, stress, and nervous tension because it helps with emotional wellbeing.
- Alleviates some aches and pains associated with daily life because it reduces stress effects.
- Improves overall quality of life, particularly with chronic health conditions.
There are basically four ways how you can use the essential oils of aromatherapy:
- Aligned with massage. The oil is applied directly to soak into your skin.
- A drop of an oil is brought close to the nose and breathed deeply.
- In a bath. Drops of an oil are applied in the water whilst having a bath.
- In the air. The oil is steamed with water in order to allow it to fill the room.
How Aromatherapy works in your system